Saturday 13 October 2012

Thank You Mr Constable

"Haywain Unplugged"
Original watercolour
by
Glenn Marshall


http://glenn-marshall.artistwebsites.com/featured/haywain-unplugged-glenn-marshall.html


 This was my attempt in watercolour to do what Constable had achieved with his oils as part of my 'Inspirations' series of paintings and workshops. Constable painted this iconic image in his studio in London but had to send back down to Suffolk for his cousin to do some drawings of a hay wagon that he could add...so maybe this most famous landscape in English art looked like this at some stage before Constable received the drawings and was able to complete it!
I sold this painting this week. People ask me if I am ever sorry to see a painting go. The straight answer is "No.". I am always pleased when someone likes one of my paintings enough to part with his or her hard earned cash. What is very nice though is to see one of your paintings in its new home. This happens all too rarely unfortunately, but when you do come across one carefully placed by a proud owner, it gives one a very nice feeling and you even think to yourself sometimes.."mmm - that's not too bad!".



No comments:

Post a Comment