Tuesday 23 October 2012

Nice to give something...

"Lone Tree at Mattersey"
Original watercolour
by
Glenn Marshall
http://glenn-marshall.artistwebsites.com/products/lone-tree-at-mattersey-glenn-marshall-greeting-card.html
"The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure."- Dale Carnegie.

It was December and I was looking for a suitable subject for my 'winter' painting. Although we had lots of snow ourselves I came across a photograph by a good friend - Sally Outram. As well as a talented photographer, Sally is also a rising star in the field of journalism, so I was well pleased when she gave me permission to use her image of this lone tree in Mattersey, near Retford in Nottinghamshire.
We decided to get together and use our efforts to raise some money for the RNLI and managed to raise £300 in a silent auction.
Sally's original photograph
I visited the location and it might be worth painting the same scene in a different season!

No comments:

Post a Comment