Wednesday 22 April 2015

'Heading Home' by Glenn Marshall

"Heading Home"


I painted this several years ago and to be frank I haven’t a clue what happened to the original so let’s hope it sold for a good price. You can imagine then how pleased I am to find this image to show you.  Regular readers will know just how much I admire the old Victorian watercolour painters and this scene would definitely have interested them as much as it interested me. In fact it could well be based on an old painting but I can’t remember which one for the life of me so any ideas would be most welcome. There is no doubt though that it is a typical Victorian composition and I have even included a ‘Grimshaw’ lady though for once she is walking in daylight and can see where she is going especially as she has that rickety old bridge to cross on her way home. It might be a traditional scene but I have used a few modern techniques to do it. There’s a bit of masking fluid, some flicking and scratching, and a bit of 'rainbow' painting out though the outcome has that old fashioned look I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment